Grass Seed Sowing, Planting and Laying Company
When installing a new lawn, the type of grass seed you sow must be taken into consideration. Perfect Ground Solutions can source a variety of seeds, from a range of specialist grass-seed companies. In all cases, we use the highest quality of seed, to suit the type of work undertaken, whether domestic or commercial.
New varieties of grass seed are constantly coming to market, so we keep regularly up-to-date with specialists to make sure that the seeds we procure and sow are the most appropriate for your lawns requirements.
Although sowing methodology may be simple, the timing of laying grass seed is critical. Consider the following:
- The season you're laying seed
- Weather-type and current water irrigation methods
- Soil type and pH balance
- The need for aeration or scarification, prior to sowing
Before sowing, we’ll interrogate the soil type and texture and give an honest appraisal of the quality of lawn that can be achieved.
As you’d expect, there are many soil types (such as mostly clay, fine or overly-watery) in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Essex, with different water-holding capacities, nutritional levels and pH levels. The advantage of using seed instead of turf means that we can use the correct grass seed to suit the soil and, as a result, a luscious, greener lawn can be grown
Grass Germination - The Facts
- Choose the correct seed-type to suit the area needing cultivation - correct weather and seasonal-sowing to suit the grass-type, helps germination
- Even with the more sophisticated “pre-germinated” seed types, care needs to be taken to ensure the germination process occurs naturally
- As we can't cheat nature, we have to work with it, to produce even, healthy, crisp, green lawns
To discuss what type of grass seed is needed for your lawn renovation project, please contact us today or request a quote, if you already have a rough idea of your budget. Alternatively, find out more about us.